Welcome Incoming Students!Brandeis plans to maximize the opportunities for in-person learning and other on campus student experiences, consistent with public health advisories available in the fall.
About New Student Orientation
Orientation at Brandeis is created by students for students. Orientation is coordinated by a small group of student leaders who work closely staff to create, plan and implement Orientation for the incoming class.
Our vibrant student leaders and friendly staff members will welcome you into the Brandeis community. One of our Orientation Leaders (OLs) will serve as a guide, resource and mentor to you throughout your first days at Brandeis and beyond. If you are living on campus, you will also meet your Community Advisor (CA), a returning student who lives in your residence hall.
Orientation is full of informative and educational programs, sessions and events that will help ease your transition to life at Brandeis. You will begin to understand what it means to be a Brandeisian by meeting the engaging faculty members who will be with you through the next four years, learning about the university’s history and available resources. And even though Orientation will come to an end, your OL, CA, faculty and staff will be here for you whenever you need us.
Every student will have the opportunity to engage with and participate in all events and sessions provided by the Department of Orientation. Through intentional social programming and events, Orientation hopes:
- To welcome and assist students with their transition to life and learning at Brandeis University;
- To acclimate new students to the norms, policies, and procedures of student life;
- To facilitate conversations among students, staff, and faculty to begin building relationships;
- To facilitate and encourage conversations to enhance student growth and development.
Additionally, our departmental values are:
- Building community and connections
- Learning about self and others
- Understanding campus resources
- In-Person Pre-Orientation Programs: TBA (various dates and times per program); keep an eye out for an email about this soon!
- Move-In Day for International Students: Thursday, August 19, 2021
- Move-In Day for Domestic Students: Sunday, August 22, 2021
- Orientation Begins: Sunday, August 22, 2021