WHAT is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare?—
W. H. Davies
How true of life this verse by British poet William Henry Davies has become. Daily we juggle career, family and housekeeping with little time invested in ourselves. At Buenas Noches we believe that self care and nurturing is the way forward, and we know our beautifully crafted selection of luxury loungewear is the perfect clothing to do it in. Here are a few quick and simple tips to help you relax this week;
Relax your body
1) Being aware of how we breathe is a crucial factor when it comes to stress. When you start to feel tense slow down your breathing, in through the nose and out through the mouth. The best way is to inhale deeply, count to five and then exhale slowly, counting to five. This should be repeated 10 times for a relaxing quick fix.
2) Excessive sugar and caffeine can create a ‘rollercoaster’ effect with our energy so it is best to stick to fresh fruit and vegetables, low fat protein and unrefined carbs such as brown rice. They all provide a slow release of energy that help to maintain our body evenly throughout the day.
3) Even 30 minutes of light exercise such as swimming, a walk in the park or yoga will work wonders for relieving tension. Exercises such as yoga and pilates are especially good at benefiting the body (and mind) through stretching and peaceful meditation, Buenas Noches loungewear is soft, comfortable and non-restrictive – just perfect for this type of relaxing exercise.
Relax your mind
1) Although it is all too easy to become consumed with our own troubles it is important to re-train our minds to think positively. Take on a ‘glass half full’ attitude when faced with difficult and stressful situations, and if you are finding it hard to stay calm, visualize yourself in a calm and relaxed scenario such as lying on a beach or resting at home.
2) Utilise your time at home to your best advantage. When you return from work or finish your chores, run yourself a warm bath with lavender or other essential oils. Then, change into comfortable clothing and lie on your bed or sofa to unwind to relaxing music.
3) Meditation isn’t just for ‘New Age Hippies’! Try removing all thoughts and emotions from your mind whilst concentrating on your breathing (see breathing tips above). Sit in the basic meditation posture with your legs crossed and begin with short sessions of 15 minutes, building up as your meditation abilities improve.
We hope you enjoy living the ‘Buenas Noches’ way, and have a calmer week thanks to our relaxation tips. For more lifestyle and well-being goodness, Like our Facebook page.